Sunday, August 24, 2008

Piedricitas de Rinones.

Kidney Stones.

I (Mike) was in the hospital last night from about 1:30am till 3:30AM getting flushed out after waking up in excruciating back pain.

I've heard it said that kidney stones are the closest a man ever gets to feeling the pain of childbirth- the major difference being that after all is said and done, all you have is a marble sized piece of calcium instead of a baby!

Sharlene was reading in one of our home medical books about a former marine officer who used to get his teeth drilled without anasthestic at all. Tough Marine type dude- and when he had kidney stones, he cried.

No crying for me last night (I'm tougher then a marine??) but there was pain, lemmee tell ya!

No marbles yet and the pain has subsided with meds... I go to the clinic tomorrow (Monday) for tests and we'll see what the doc says after that!

Appreciate your prayers!!

Mike

No comments: