Tuesday, August 12, 2008

diversion

This is a video of last winter when we shot off some fireworks. Some of it is pretty tough to see, but wait for the actual firing of the rocket. It's pretty cool.

Mexicans seem to love fireworks- they get set off for a few weeks around Christmas and new years- and also for any of the various Mexican holidays. Here in Tijuana area we have enough deportees from the US that they'll even celebrate US holidays like the 4th of July with fireworks. It's legal, inexpensive and slightly dangerous. I almost blew up a neighbours house in the bottom of the canyon last winter. I apologized and all was well. Then I changed the angle of the launcher.

1 comment:

Lisa Sawatzky said...

That is pretty cool. We have "GlobalFest" on in Calgary right now. They set up booths to celebrate the different cultures and then there's a huge fireworks celebration when it gets dark enough. It's every night this week and I can see the fireworks from my street so it's lots of fun. My neighbors and I sit out there and watch it all.