Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Off to Manitoba

I've been here in Martensville for almost a week now and it's been a good time! I had the great fortune of staying with Wes and Jan Long at their "Bed and Breakfast"! It was really a blessing to get to know them better and to share their company over hearty breakfasts!

I've had the opportunity to meet with some of the folks here as well as get caught up on some business and errands that needed to be run while I was here. The weather has been chilly, but not as cold as it can get in November (about-5C each day). Sunday I shared a small video/ slide presentation at our sending church (Martensville Baptist). It was good to get reacquainted with so many of the folks there. they have been on the growth curve upwards again and there were around 140 out. Lots of young families in the area are discovering this great church- and they are doing a fantastic work in the Kingdom!

Today, after the ice rain melts, I'm off to Swan River MB. I'll be staying at an old (VERY OLD!) friends house over top of a funeral home. Irv Penner is a cremationist / funeral home chaplain training to be a funeral home director. I'm not looking forward to seeing where he works!

I have a youth rally this friday that I'm speaking at and then at church on Sunday morning- then I'm off to Nipawin Bible Institute to represent YUGO at the missions Conference there. I'm also giving a seminar on short-term missions. Please pray that I would be effective in sharing the heart of Jesus that all people in all nations have the opportunity to hear of His grace and love.

I'll be in touch, Lord willing, this week to let you know how it's going. But please keep the following dates in mind as you pray:

Tuesday Nov 7th- Travel to Swan River
Friday Nov 10th Swan Valley Youth Rally (Speaking)
Sunday Nov 12th Little woody Baptist Church (Speaking)
- Travel to Nipawin Bible Institute
Monday Nov 13th NBI Missions Conference (Seminar/ representing YUGO)
Tuesday Nov 14th Travel to Martensville
Wednesday Nov 15th- Fly to LA- drive back to Mexico.
Thursday Nov 16th- Give Sharlene day off to regain energy and sanity after daddy's been gone for 2 weeks.

Please be praying for Sharlene as well as she tackles issues at home alone. Espescially concerning our kids schooling. More details on that may be to follow!

Until next time,

Mike for the family!

No comments: