Monday, October 30, 2006

On my way to Canada

I'm leaving this morning for Los Angeles and will fly out Tuesday Morning for saskatoon for 2 weeks of deputation. When we came down, we came without full support promised. We were able to do it with the promise to YUGO Canada's Board that I would come back to Canada twice in our first year for speaking engagements to help raise support so we can get to full support by Next summer, otherwise we will be taken off the field.

So this is round one of that- I'd appreciate your prayers as I do some visiting, speaking and representing the mission.- Here is my Itinerary in a nutshell...

Oct 31 11:50pm Arrive in S'toon
Nov1-7 in S'toon / Martensville area. Short report to Martensville Baptist Church ( our Sending church) Nov. 5th. Visit supporters and potential supporters in Saskatchewan this week,.
Nov 8- Travel to Swan River, Manitoba.
Nov 10 swan River Valley Youth Rally. I'm speaking to a number of youth in the area (maybe 50-65+) and challenging them to consider missions.
Nov 12- Speaking at Little Woody Baptist Church, BGC church in Swan River Valley, MB
Nov 12-14 MissionsFest at Nipawin Bible Institute
Nov 15 Return to Mexico

I doubt I'll get achance to visit with everyone I'd like to, but if you'd like to hear about what's going on, see some pictures or want to consider becoming partners with us- I can be Reached on my Cell phone at:
1-780-872-4338 (Lloydminster, AB number)

Looking forward to seeing you!

NEW CULTURAL EXPERIENCE

After church last night I was invited downstairs to eat. It was just a snack-type meal (like supper usually is..) Imagine this combination, if you will..

Take Boiled Corn on the cob... Jab a stick into the bottom of it (so it looks like a lollipop). Spread ample amounts of mayonaise all over the corn. Then sprinkle shredded monterry Jack Cheese on it. Squeeze some lime over it- and add Hot chili pepper sauce if desired...

Never would I think of doing this on my own. How someone came up with this combination is a mystery to me, but let me tell you- is it ever GOOD! The hot sauce is the crowning achievement of this- it just makes the rest of it sparkle!

Give it a try sometime!

Gotta go get ready to fly,

Blessings until next time,

Mike

No comments: