Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Week in Review...

Well this past week was a good one, if not tiring and a bit on the cool side...

Friday night I Spoke to about 50 youth from the swan river area about missions encouraging them to consider going on a mission trip sometime. Sunday I preached in the church there and that seemed to go well, lots of folks coming afterwards to ask questions and sign up for regular updates.

Sunday Afternoon I listened to the the Roughriders get blown out of the water by the BC lions to finish off the season and keep the roughies out of the Grey Cup..again. The roads were quite icy and the trip took much longer than anticipayted to Nipawin, but I arrived, set up my YUGO Booth and listened to the speaker.

It was good to get reaquainted with former profs, some former fellow students and other folks we met while living in Nipawin. All in all a good weekend.

Now it is Wednesday morning. I slept the sleep of a person who has to get up at 5:15am to catch a flight... restless and intermittent. Wes Long drove me to the airport for at 5:30 and I checked in, got onto the plane and then got off of the plane. Turns out there were some mechanical issues with the plane I was on and it was delayed until a mechanic could fly up from minneapolis. Flight should take off at 3pm.... and arrive at 9pm -then it's a 2.5-3 hour drive back to mexico...

I am now taking a different flight from saskatoon to San Diego instead- the airline put me up in a hotel with meal vouchers. Am I ever glad I packed my swimsuit in case i got bumped off a flight!

So today I'm going to catch up on sleep, swim a bit and read. I gave my winter coat back to the people I wa sstaying with so they could store it till next time I'm up, so I will not be doing any outside activities today...

tha nks for reading!

Prayer request...

1. Shar's mom is in hospital recovering from hip surgery, it's tough on Shar to be so far away during this time- we also need to be exploring what she will need after surgery (homecare etc...)

2. My flight tomorrow- for safety and good timing...

3. Getting back into life in mexico again- shar will need a days rest (at least- 3 boys by herself for 2 weeks!!!) and we'll need to run some errands etc...

Until next time,

mike

No comments: