Saturday, April 28, 2007

Guess the Bug...

I'm going to steal a Sawatsky Idea... It's kind of a ploy to get lots of comments on the sight, generally so I can see how many people are checking out the blog... If you'd like to thank the originator of this idea goto http://tandasawatzky.blogspot.com/


It has a second purpose as well. It gives you a little insight on some of the things we live with here in Mexico. I did not take this pic, but we actually have one of these in our house tonight, in a jar.

I will say no more...

Please no googling otherwise cheating- take your best guess at the name of this bug!!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww, that's disgusting! I have no idea what it is though...gross!

Anonymous said...

I do believe that this bug you are talking about has a relative here in Canada called the grasshopper, but your bug is like a grasshopper crossed with a potato bug then crossed with a lady bug but that aint no lady bug!!
So my guess is that the name of this bug would be..."Leroy" a bug in captivity.
Thank-You

Lisa Sawatzky said...

First of all, I'd like to say that the idea was stolen from me by Tim and Anna, and then you stole it from them. The question idea originated with me. Secondly, you spelled Sawatzky wrong. I won't accept the 's' as the third last letter. Third, that's the grossest bug I've ever seen, and if I ever see one of those in MY house, I'm moving. I think it's a cross between an ant and a cockroach.

Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

Thank you for guessing everybody....

This bug is common here in Baja and in Southern California and is called "Nino de la Tierra" or "Child of the Earth". It is also called a "Jerusalem cricket". It is about the size of your baby finger- and it bites!
We let the one we found go outside and then found another, smaller one, a couple days later.

Very cool bug!

To Ms. Lisa SawatZky

My sincerest apologies for not giving you due credit on the idea- and for spelling your surname incorrectly.
Please forgive me for my thoughtlessness and carelessness. I shall endeavour to never do it again.

Broken and contrite in with tears in my eyes,

Mike