Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Nosotros Enfermer

We are sick!

Saturday night Jacob woke up in the wee hours with an upset stomach. He was sick to his stomach a few times in the night and early morning, but felt better by church time. I started to get light headed and headachey at that time and as soon as we got back home, I went to bed to rest. We went to the evening service at church, came home, and daddy was beat. Ill, I got everyone to bed early. "Why do we have to go to bed early when YOU are the one who is tired???" was a valid question that night.

Monday seemed ok until early evening when Elijah complained of a splitting headache. He went to my bed with a tylenol and a plastic baggie of ice for his head. The baggie was not closed entirely, and he (and my bed!) got soaked. But when he woke up, he was feeling great and went to the bottom of my bed, leaving me to avoid the cold wet spot at the top!

Tuesday night was the kicker... Middle of the night Caleb got up- He needed a new blanket and his floor cleaned, if you catch my drift. He then spent the next 2 hours hugging the toilet bowl. His poor little stomach was hurting him really bad, and there was really nothing we could do! We tried internet- inspired home remedies including honey and hot water with lemon. That didn't work.
Then we tried 2 teaspoons of vinegar. Apparently it's equally bad entering and exiting. Finally we tried a "tums" for the tummy, and that either helped, or he was just plain done- and he went to bed. Today he's been feeling OK, but didn't really eat anything of substance till tonight.
Elijah woke up sick and found the bathroom early. He has just been lethargic all day- getting worse as the day went on. He went to bed tonight at about 5:00pm. VERY unusual for Elijah.
And I have not yet needed the bathroom as often as the others, but just have a general malaise about me, tired, headachey, sore...

I sure wish Shar was here...

No comments: