Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Trip continues

We all had a great time in LaRonge. Shar and I lived there for a cup of coffee about 12 years ago and it was amazing how we could reconnect with a few folks almost like we hadn't been gone that long! It's a beautiful place that we are very fond of- it was a good visit!

The boys had their first Saskatchewan snowfall in 2 years in LaRonge and enjoyed immensly the snowball fights, rolling around in the snow and finding fallen trees in the bush to bring back home!

We spoke at the Lutheran church after a Mexican supper and got to share our ministry with a few folks there. I relearned how to drive in snow again- not a big fan of it- I'd rather do mud bogs on hillsides anyday!!

The drive down to Turtleford was through snow and on icey / slushy roads. We're thankful for God's provision of safety for us! We were almost half way between laRonge and Prince Albert (230km trip- without much in between for the first 150km!) when I realized I had not filled up with gas before leaving LaRonge! We turned on the laptop GPS and found a gas station in Weyakwin- not far from where we were. We were able to buy overpriced emergency gas- enough to get us to the city, Praise God!!

Today I slept in! I almost never do that but I slept so late, the sun was up! (which is pretty late in N. Sask in winter!) the folks here (Steins) fixed us an incredible canadian breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes with blueberry and saskatoon berry preserves!
We went for a walk to the grocery store- downhill about 4 blocks away and I almost froze my face off! It's only hovering arounf 0C (32F) and most folks here aren't even wearing hats or mitts. Here we were bundled up against the freezing weather- looking like southerners! It took 10 minutes in the grocery store to thaw my cheeks out so I could talk again
Today we're going to go to the local nursing home and share some slides an Shar is going to sing in Spanish. Tonight is a potluck supper and we'll share with the local church what God has been doing in Mexico through us!

Please continue to pray for us- esp. road safety- the roads are slippery and snowy and I haven't got my "snow-wheels" quite back yet!

God bless,

MM

No comments: