Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Patches...

I'm not sure what I've been driving on here in Tijuana, but whatever it is, it's not good for tires.

Just before we left Canada last summer we made sure we had good new tires to take the long trip to Mexico and survive here for "quite some time".

These last 2 weeks we had Franz and Clint from Canada here at Tijuana Outreach Center. They are mechanics from Alberta, Canada. They spent a lot of time fixing vehicles, re-doing some engines, changing oils anf other fluids... for us they fixed our door-locks (2 doors that had been gummed up by dust and grime- one closed occasionally- the other rarely!) and changed plugs in the engine too... all they asked for was the cost of parts- their time was free to us! What a blessing to have so many vehicles around here worked on!

Anyway, I was taking Franz and Clint back to the San Diego Airport yesterday in the YUGO van. I left my van at the YUGO Ranch and I transported some donations from the San Diego Office to the Yugo Outreach Center. When I got back (after helping a retired volunteer couple with comnputer problems) I was on my way home when I noticed that my driver-side tire looked a little low. Unconcerned, I came home thinking it may be a small leak or just the way I was parked that made it look that way.

This is what my tire looks like this morning...


This would not seem like a "bloggable" event, but this is the 2nd time this week (different tires). and about the 5th or 6th time I've had to get a patch put on a tire in 5 months!

I'm not sure what it is I'm driving over to cause all this tire-havoc, but sure enough within the next few months, there will be more patches than tire!!

I'll spare you from any bad puns about being "tired" of this happening all the time and just say "hasta luego!"

Until Next Time,

Mike for the family

No comments: